Saturday, November 14, 2009

Berry Best Birthday

Here's a sweet and almost stamp-free birthday card. It's based on this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

I came across these dimensional fabric strawberry stickers in my collection and decided that one of the berries would be the perfect thing to place on the sketch's circle panel. The berry is paired with two different patterned papers from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh collection. The country look and feel of the red gingham pattern was a nice match for the strawberry and the green paper picked up the green in the berry's stem.

I stamped the birthday sentiment from Papertrey Ink's My Punny Valentine stamp set on the gingham pattern in black ink. It stands out just enough against the pattern. Since there is a lot going on with all of the different patterns on the papers and the strawberry, I went simple on the embellishments. I knotted a piece of red twill and added it to the end of one of the gingham panels.

Materials Used:

other: My Punny Valentine stamp set, Vintage Cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up); strawberry sticker (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips