Monday, November 30, 2009

Blue Re-do

Here's my card for today's clean and simple challenge on SCS. The challenge was to re-make one of your own cards by either changing elements in a clean and simple card or by simplifying a more elaborate one. I picked this blue baby card to re-do as a more seasonal holiday one.

I used a similar blue color scheme, but this time reversed the placement of the colors so the darker shade of blue was the card base. Instead of stamping an image on the large panel on the cardfront, I used a snowflake embossing folder on a piece of shimmery silver paper.

I exchanged the baby sentiment for the "happy holidays" one from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Tree set. I'm getting a lot of use out of this set! I put a glittery snowflake, embellished with a blue rhinestone, at the center of the sentiment panel. It's layered on a light blue scalloped circle with some blue Liquid Pearl dots as an accent.

Materials Used:
Holiday Tree stamp set, Enchanted Evening ink, Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue and Whisper White cardstock, 1 3/8" and scallop circle punches (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); acetate and glitter snowflake (Me & My Big Ideas); Baby Blue Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Snowflake embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips