Monday, November 16, 2009

Monochromatic Mixed Bouquet

***Scroll down to the post below for all the info on today's Chicken Girl Design stamp set release.***

Here's my card for today's clean and simple challenge on SCS. It doesn't get much simpler than this one!

I took my inspiration from bold floral pattern and bright colors in the Vera Bradley Millie purse. When I saw the purse, the images from the retired SU! Mixed Bouquet stamp set immediately came to mind.

I stamped the large outline flower image in Berry Sorbet ink on a Sweet Blush panel. The leaves were stamped off once to vary the intensity of the color. I added the "happy everything" sentiment from the coordinating Mixed Greetings stamp set to the panel along with a matching satin ribbon. The stamped panel is layered on a Berry Sorbet card base. Wouldn't this be a great design to reproduce in multiple colors for a gift set?

Materials Used:
Mixed Bouquet and Mixed Greetings stamp sets (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet ink, Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like all the shades of the same color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love this card and can't wait to check my stamps! enjoy our blogs and your creations!
    lgaley@charter.net

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips