Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let's Party with i {heart} papers

This month’s i {heart} papers design team challenge features a sketch—and boy, was it a challenge! The sketch's trio of triangles was definitely trying. After some thought, I ended up flipping the sketch on its side. After that, all of the pieces fell right into place.

My version of the sketch features images from the latest Chicken Girl Design release, Birthday Wishes. I stamped the cute dachshund image at the base of a white cardstock triangle and colored the image with Copic markers. The party hat’s embellished with some pink glitter, courtesy of a Spica pen. The “let’s party” sentiment is stamped in rose ink above the image. A small piece of knotted pink satin ribbon is at the top of the triangle.

I covered the card base in some My Mind’s Eye designer paper. I used both of the paper’s patterns, cutting a narrow strip to run across the card, underneath the triangle pieces.

When the sketch is oriented like I turned it, the two smaller triangles look kind of like pennants you might hang at a party, don’t they? At least that’s how I envisioned them—LOL! Here, I embossed the triangles with a QuicKutz polka dot embossing folder before adding them to the card.

Be sure to visit the rest of the IHP DT to get their take on this sketch. Here’s where you can find them:

Carolyn
Cathleen
Deb
Gretchen
Lynn
Megan
Tracy
Kendra
Amber
Kate

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Birthday Wishes stamp set,
My Mind’s Eye Whirlybird "Friends Forever" Perfect Plaid designer paper, QuicKutz Polka Dot embossing folder, Spica Pink glitter pen, May Arts light pink/pink reversible satin ribbon

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Rose Red Classic ink, Rose Red, Taken with Teal, and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Cute! That weenie dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this sketch on its side! (My never eventhink to flip sketches!) That little doggie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Lori! Love all that texture and fun plaid patterned paper! And that cute dog just makes me smile! Our neighbors had a dachshund named Snoopy, so this brings back lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this Lori. So creative to flip the sketch, and the fun way that it's orientated make your triangles look like a banner. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! I love the party banner look you created at the top with the triangles! Super idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips