Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop: Holiday Gift Bags and Tags

The theme for this month’s Papertrey Ink blog hop is quick gift packaging and tags. With the holiday season fast approaching, everyone needs a few of these on hand.

I made a few different kinds to share tonight. First, I used a plain brown paper bag—like the kind you might pack a lunch in—to make this decorated gift bag. I cut a few inches off of the top of the bag to make the scale work better for me. The bag is covered with a piece of Ripe Avocado cardstock. I stamped the top and bottom of the panel with one of the polka dot strips from Polka Dot Basics in matching Ripe Avocado ink.

I used images from the Holiday Tree set to create a simple winter scene for the center of the bag. The snowflakes were sprinkled with some sparkly embossing powder before the ink dried, then heat embossed for extra sparkle. I added the “celebrate the season” sentiment on a curved edge strip embellished with a matching button. After attaching the decorated panel to one side of the bag (and a same-size plain Ripe Avocado panel to the other side), I used a punch to make a simple handle.

Materials Used:
Holiday Tree and Polka Dot Basics stamp sets, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, and Fresh Snow inks, Ripe Avocado, Spring Rain, and Kraft cardstock, Ripe Avocado double stitched grosgrain ribbon, Spring Rain button, twine (Papertrey Ink); word window punch, Iridescent Ice embossing powder (Stampin’ Up!); brown paper bag

This second gift bag is even simpler to make. You could do a bunch of these at a time, mass production style, and be all ready for the holidays in no time at all.

I used the largest Marvy Uchida snowflake punch to punch out a snowflake shape from a piece of Enchanted Evening cardstock. I placed a piece of shimmery white cardstock behind the negative space and added a rhinestone at the center. This panel is attached to the center of a brown kraft gift bag. I added a strip of matching Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon to the top and bottom of the panel as a simple border.

I made a matching tag for the bag using the snowflake that I had punched out. It’s layered on a piece of shimmery white cardstock. The “celebrate the season” sentiment is stamped in matching Enchanted Evening ink. I added a piece of ribbon to the back of the tag, then attached a slightly larger coordinating circle panel behind it to keep the ribbon in place.

These tags were so easy to make that I made a few more to have on hand. I kept the layout the same but changed up the colors. A few of these packaged up nicely would make a great holiday gift!

Materials Used (gift bag and tags):
Holiday Tree stamp set, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, and Dark Chocolate inks, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Kraft, and shimmery white paper, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, and Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, Dark Chocolate Swiss dot satin ribbon, Sweet Blush double stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida); circle dies (Nestabilities); self-adhesive rhinestones (Darice); foam tape; kraft gift bag

37 comments:

  1. Love the tags!! Especially like the idea of using the ribbons to attach them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your gift bags, Lori, and those tags are just so sweet; love the simplicity and how it's so easy to change up the colors! Great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niiice! I especially love your snowflake bag w/tag. So clean and crisp:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are adorable and I love the snowflake tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snowflake tags are great! I have snowflake paper they will look great with!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everthing is adorable, but I especially like the snowflake tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those snowflake tags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gift bags! Love how you embellished them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue and white bag with the snowflakes. What a great thing to have all ready for the big season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gift bags and snowflake tags are so adorable! Love the grosgrain ribbon on the tags :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are brilliant! Love the colors and the big bold flake! so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crazy cute! Love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute! I love the big snowflakes in all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a great set of bags and tags! I love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your first card, those are my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Enchanted Evening and kraft together; and those tags are just fantastic....and love that you made them each different even for a mass-produced idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the large snowflakes and the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute decorated gift bags & snowflake tags! Clean & simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that Holiday Tree snowman card, and super cute snowflake projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute projects superwoman!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute stuff! We must have been chanelling eachother with the snowflakes! :-)

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great way to dress up a simple brown bag! Love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips