Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You're So Sweet

I made this sweet card using this week's Mojo Monday sketch and some supplies from i {heart} papers. Speaking of IHP, you won't want to miss the big Black Friday sale at the store. I'll have more details about that very, very early Friday morning . . . I might even have to do some shopping in my pajamas!

I used the gingerbread image from the Our Craft Lounge Gingerbread Fun stamp set as my focal image. The bow was stamped first, then masked with Eclipse tape before stamping the gingerbread shape. I colored the image with Copic markers and added some sparkle to the bow with a Spica glitter pen. Some Zva Creative pearls made the perfect buttons for this yummy-looking treat. I carefully cut the image out and placed it on a cream panel using foam tape. I had just enough room at the bottom of the panel for the "you're so sweet!" sentiment.

I used the swirly patterned paper from the new My Mind's Eye Be Loved Collection Kit for the large panel on the cardfront. I paired the patterned paper with embossed scalloped panels in red and melon. An ivory faux suede ribbon is tied around the top of the scallops to finish the card.

Materials Used:

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic);Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Creamy Caramel, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Melon Berry cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Embossed Curve border punch (EK Success); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You don't waste any time. Didn't I just put this set in the mail a few days ago? It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cute stamp and the pp. Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips