Monday, November 23, 2009

Single Jingle

***Scroll down to see my post from earlier today.***

Here's a simple, easy to reproduce holiday card that's only one piece of cardstock--and my favorite kraft at that! I used a layout suggested by the Clean and Simple Stamping blog for this one.

I stamped three different snowflake images from Papertrey Ink's Rustic Snowflakes set in their white pigment ink on a kraft base. I'm not a big rustic image kind of stamper, but something about these images really captures my eye. After the ink had set just a bit, I went back with a sponge inked with some brown ink and sponged along the edges of the cardstock to add some depth and interest to the single layer design. The centers of the flakes are embellished with some tiny super-sparkly rhinestones.
I fit the "jingle all the way" sentiment from Snowfall Additions in the center of the card to finish it off. If I'd had a tiny silver bell, I would have added it across the top of the card with a piece of ribbon . . .

Materials Used:
Rustic Snowflakes and Snowfall Additions stamp sets, Fresh Snow ink (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions)

3 comments:

  1. What a perfectly sweet card! Love the white on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! The simplicity and elegance are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card - simple, stunning and very elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips