Monday, November 23, 2009

Crazy for This Elephant

I think the cute elephant image just might be my favorite one in the new Chicken Girl Design Birthday Wishes stamp set from i {heart} papers. I used it again, this time on this card for this week's sketch challenge from Crazy 4 Challenges.

The elephant is colored with Copic markers. It's hat is colored to match the cardfront, then coated with a Turquoise Spica pen for extra sparkle.

I used some bright striped paper from the new My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit for the panel that runs the length of the card. I love the fun, bright colors and patterns in this collection! A strip of yellow velvet ric rac is along the edge of the patterned paper. I thought about using a border punch, but decided the texture of the ric rac would be fun for a change.

The blue in the paper coordinates nicely with SU!'s Bermuda Bay cardstock. I embossed a piece of the cardstock with a polka dot embossing folder to match the pattern on the elephant's hat, then layered it on a lemon card base. I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink on an aqua panel, then layered it on a lemon panel with some paper piercing, adding just a few more dot elements to the card.

Materials Used:

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bermuda Bay Classic ink, Bermuda Bay cardstock, mat stack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart and Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips