Sunday, November 1, 2009

Skating By with Holiday Wishes

Here's my card for this week's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on this cute card in Jen's gallery.

I liked the layout and thought it would be perfect to use with the images from the Chicken Girl Design Just Skating By stamp set from i {heart} papers. I combined the bear and frozen pond images for my card. The images are colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the festive plaid patterned paper from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses collection that I used to cover the cardfront.

Since I used patterned paper to cover the cardfront instead of a piece of embossed cardstock, I decided to emboss the die cut piece that's layered underneath the image. I ran my die cut through the Big Shot using the QuiKutz Polka Dot embossing folder for a fun look. After adding the die cut to the card front, I ran a piece of white ruffle-edged faux suede ribbon across the top of the die cut. This ribbon is so pretty! I added a pink button with a twine bow to the edge of the image panel where it meets the ribbon to finish the card.

Materials Used:

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue cardstock, Top Note die, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips