Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Urban Upsy Daisy

Here's my almost monochromatic card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I thought that the large image panel across the cardfront would be perfect for showcasing the pretty floral silhouette image from SU!'s Upsy Daisy stamp set.

I stamped the flower image twice on Sahara Sand cardstock, first in Chocolate Chip ink, then again, slightly offset, in Whisper White Craft ink for a faux embossed look. My Stamp-a-ma-jig helped me to do this right on the very first try. The "you're on my mind" sentiment fit nicely in the upper right corner of the panel. I layered the stamped panel on a Chocolate Chip mat.

The panel running the opposite direction on the cardfront is made from a piece of retired Urban Oasis designer paper. I liked how the pattern in the paper mirrored the triangle panels at the top and bottom of the image panel. After adding the triangles, I decided the card needed a little more "dressing up," so I added a knotted piece of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon to one end of the image panel and placed a small scrap underneath the other end of the image panel, extending to the end of the card. It kind of looks like I've tied a whole piece around the card, even though it's just a few tiny pieces.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Upsy Daisy stamp set, Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Whisper White Craft ink, Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Urban Oasis designer paper, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, silver brads

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! One of my favorite sets, and your color combo is great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips