Thursday, December 31, 2009

Be Happy for This Moment

I made this card for today's Ways to Use It challenge on SCS. The challenge was to include a clock or something about time on your project. I've been wanting to use this cute clock image from Unity's December Kit of the Month, {delightful moments}, since my kit arrived a week or two ago, so this was just the push I needed to ink it up.

The clock serves as my focal image. I stamped it twice and cut out the face from one of the images so I could layer it on the other image for dimension. I also cut out an acetate circle matching the size of the face for a plastic-y look, like the clock is covered. A glue dot holds the acetate in place and is pretty well hidden by a small rhinestone at the clock's center. The bells on the clock are colored with Copic markers, then coated with a gray Glaze pen for a shiny, metallic look. I layered the finished clock on a black mat and added a ribbon tab as an accent.

The "be happy . . ." sentiment is stamped in black on a red panel. I used some faux stitching along the edge for a bit of contrast against the dark red, gray, and black color scheme I used here. The gray panel that covers most of the cardfront is embossed with a polka dot pattern, picking up the circle shape of the clock face and the image panel, too.

I've noticed lots of bloggers posting reflections on the past year today, so I figured I should give it a shot in my final post for 2009. I know that I am so fortunate to have my family and friends (both in real life and online!), a good job with a steady paycheck, and a roof over my head. However, my feelings about the year have been heavily colored by the events of the last month. The sudden loss of my beloved Cosmo the crazy dog has been incredibly difficult for me. Even with all of his quirkiness and his constant and costly vet visits, he was truly my baby and the light of my life and I feel his absence all the time. But, I know that I need to try to move on and look towards the good things that I know are are ahead in 2010--like my very first published card and a trip to CHA in January, time spent at the beach in the spring and summer, and, once the weather warms up, a new puppy to bring some life back to my house. If there's one thing I learned from my experiences with Cosmo, it's this-- get pet insurance! Wishing everyone a happy, healthy 2010 . . .

Materials Used:
{delightful moments}-December Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Basic Gray, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); white gel pen (Ranger);gray Glaze pen (Sakura); circle dies (Nestabilities); rhinestone (Offray); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); acetate; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips