Thursday, December 31, 2009

Love Me Do I {Heart} You

Here's a bold and bright Valentine's Day card made with supplies from i {heart} papers. I used the fun patterns from the My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit along with some images from a Unity Stamp Co. kit to put this one together.

I cut a piece of the My Mind's Eye paper to fit an A2 cardfront, then cut it in half. I flipped one side over for this two pattern arrangement. The patterns are divided by a bold yellow faux suede ribbon. It's hard to see in the photo, but there's machine stitching down one edge of the ribbon. My white thread doesn't have much contrast . . .

I stamped the scalloped circle image from Unity's Love Grows kit on yellow cardstock in red ink and cut it out. It's attached to a distressed edged red circle, then to the cardfront over the ribbon. I added a tab from the same faux suede ribbon at the left of the circle panel. The black button with the faux thread, courtesy of a white gel pen, was a last minute addition. The kit's "i heart u" sentiment is stamped just beneath the circle panel in black ink.

If you've got some holiday money left to spend, you'll want to stop by IHP. Kate's put a lot of stuff on sale to make room for new goodies that she'll be ordering at CHA next month . . .

Materials Used:

other: Real Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Yoyo Yellow and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); black button (American Crafts); sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips