Friday, December 18, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 130

This week’s blogger challenge is a sketch challenge, provided by our leader, Lisa. I flipped the sketch over and went for a fun, festive birthday card in my version. I've been hard at work finishing up my holiday cards, so I needed a little change of pace--LOL!

The card was designed around the colors in the dotted American Crafts paper I used for the large panel on the cardfront. The girl with the balloon image, from the Pure Innocence line from My Favorite Things, is colored with Copic markers to match the paper. For some reason, I can’t resist making the balloon in this image a bold, bright red almost every time I color it. I drew in a line and sponged in some grass to ground the image.

I matted the image and designer paper on coordinating panels and layered them on a Bermuda Bay card base. A strip of scallop edged pink cardstock and matching pink ribbon runs across the card. I added a button embellished bow as a fun, girly touch. I almost left off the trio of matching rhinestones on the right side of the card, but decided to stick with the sketch as designed and include them.

And, for more ideas using this sketch, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
My Balloon image (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Turquoise and Lipstick Spica pens (Copic); Bermuda Bay and Certainly Celery ink, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, and Pretty in Pink cardstock, scallop edge punch, paper piercing tool, sponge (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (American Crafts--Craft Fair line); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); red button (Papertrey Ink); rhinestones (Studio 18)

16 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Lori! I love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a flipper, too! Love what you did with color and that image is adorable! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! Love that DSP! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet little card. Perfect for a little girl's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet birthday card, love the colors you used to coordinate with your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cheerful -- I love the rich colors and the fabulous happy image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori- this is so sweet - love the combo of DP, ribbon and images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally adorable card. The image is just so precious and I love your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww, so cute! Love your paper/color choices! So Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! I love these images, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card- lovely little image- and I love the ribbon and scallop! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card...cute image! I know, I'm tired of Christmas cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card--love the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super cute image and card!! Great job with the sketch too!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips