Thursday, December 17, 2009

Velvet Pastel Inspired

As soon as I saw the image in this week’s Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger, I knew what I wanted to make. I translated the swirly vines and pastel colors from the stockings in the photo to this soft thank you card.

I used one of the leafy branch images from Papertrey Ink’s Turning a New Leaf stamp set for my vine. It’s stamped in Ripe Avocado ink on a Lavender Moon panel. I added some tiny circle buds in Lavender Moon and Hibiscus Burst inks using circles from the Polka Dot Basics set. Then I added a trio of Sweet Blush buttons with knotted twine to add some texture and dimension.

One of the thank you sentiments from the Signature Greetings stamp set is stamped on the panel in Lavender Moon ink. There’s just a bit of contrast between the panel and the ink for a soft look. I sponged around the edges of the panel with matching Lavender Moon ink before layering it on a Ripe Avocado card base.

Materials Used (all from Papertrey Ink):
Turning a New Leaf, Polka Dot Basics and Signature Greetings stamp sets, Ripe Avocado, Lavender Moon, and Hibiscus Burst inks, Lavender Moon and Ripe Avocado cardstock, Sweet Blush buttons, twine

4 comments:

  1. perfectly lovely in every way! love your take on the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the inspiration. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty take on this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World, Lori! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips