Sunday, December 20, 2009

Clear Joy

It took over two hours, but I finished digging out my car today. Fortunately, I won't have to go to work tomorrow, so I won't have to actually move the car anywhere for a little while. My next big challenge will be keeping my storm door from freezing shut. There's water dripping down off my roof, right on to my front step. It's freezing up so my door won't open. A slight complication, but hopefully I can manage that.

I made this quick card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this holiday card. I kept the layout the same, but changed up the colors for a softer winter palette and the embossing folder image. This would be an easy one to do for holiday cards. Maybe next year . . .

I used the QuicKutz Snowflake embossing folder on a piece of acetate. The embossed acetate looks so pretty! The acetate is layered on a same size piece of amethyst cardstock, then on a light blue card base. I added self-adhesive pearl accents to the corners of the acetate panel, hiding the glue dots I used to attach the acetate to the cardstock.

The joy sentiment is from the Hero Arts Holiday Dolls stamp set. It's stamped on shimmery white cardstock and layered on a scalloped oval panel. The final element is a piece of knotted reversible white/light blue satin ribbon. I tied it so that both of the colors were visible to add interest. Clean and simple--and pretty, too!

Materials Used:

other: Almost Amethyst Classic ink, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); acetate

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips