Sunday, December 20, 2009

Glitter and Cheer

With all of the snow outside, I had plenty of stamping time on Saturday. I made these two cards for current StampTV challenges using images from Gina K Designs.

This card is for this week's blast from the past challenge to use colored glitter. This was the first time I've created a multi-colored glittered image like this (I've used multiple colors of glitter on acetate, but not on cardstock). With my kindergarten teacher background, I'm not a huge glitter fan--I've seen first-hand the damage that just a teeny, tiny bit of glitter can do--LOL! But, the Quickie Glue Pen made it pretty easy and it didn't end up being too, too messy.

I used a cupcake image from the Sweetest Blessings set. The image was colored with markers, then covered with a combination of different brightly colored glitters from Stampendous and Martha Stewart.

I kept the card's layout really simple to keep the focus on the glittery focal image. I layered the cupcake and coordinating sentiment on Summer Sunrise cardstock circles, then arranged the pair on a Berry Sorbet card base. I added a ribbon tab, embellished with a coordinating button, as an accent. I like the layout and may find a way to use it again soon.

Materials Used:
Sweetest Blessings stamp set (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink, pink marker (Memento); Berry Sorbet ink, Berry Sorbet and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon, Berry Sorbet button, twine (Papertrey Ink); markers, 1 3/8" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); circle dies (Nestabilities); glitter (Stampendous; Martha Stewart-Garnet); Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura); foam tape

This card is for this week's sketch challenge. I used the cheerleader uniform from Sporty Accessories as the focal image. The image is colored with Copic markers. I added a cut out pom pom to the panel with foam tape, then layered it on a Riding Hood Red panel. A coordinating grosgrain ribbon tab is slipped under the left side of the image panel.

I found some fun paper in my stash with a pattern that kind of reminded me of pom poms. I used that to cover most of the cardfront. The "cheer up!" sentiment is stamped on the set's megaphone image. I used this in place of the sketch's circular panel. I think it still works!

Materials Used:
Sporty Accessories stamp set, white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips