Monday, December 21, 2009

Finally, Some Cheer(s)

I was so excited to see one of my cards was selected to be used as the basis for today's SCS clean and simple stamping challenge. The card selected was one I hadn't posted here, so I figured I'd start my post by sharing it.

It's a clean and simple winter themed card with a pair of mittens from Papertrey Ink's Snowfall stamp set as the focal image. The mittens are stamped in Aqua Mist ink, then carefully cut out. I used a piece of twine to string the mitten pair together.
I layered the mittens on a red circle embossed panel on a square kraft card base. I love this color combination! The "warm winter wishes" sentiment is stamped in brown ink, curving around the circular panel. I added a coordinating button embellished bow to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Snowfall stamp set, Aqua Mist ink, Aqua Mist button (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Kraft, Riding Hood Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Nestabilities); Polka Dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); twine (Walmart); foam tape

And, here's another card I made using the same sketch for today's challenge. I needed a little break from snow, so I went with a festive new year's scheme on this one. There's very little stamping here. Instead I used a super glittery martini glass shaped gift tag I picked up at Target as the focal image. I fashioned a toothpick and olive from paper scraps and stuck the toothpick through the hole that was left when I removed a piece of ribbon from the tag.
I embossed a large red circle with a ring patterned embossing folder and set that on a black card base. I made this card a standard A2 size to accommodate the size of the martini glass. The glass is attached with some foam tape. I used the 1/2 Pint-Playful Alphabet Buddy from Kitchen Sink Stamps to spell out "cheers!" The letters were carefully wrapped around the curve of the circle. I love how the silver pops against the black background!

Materials Used:
1/2 Pint-Playful Alphabet Buddy (Kitchen Sink Stamps); silver ink (Encore); Real Red, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, and Basic Black cardstock, 1/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!); circle and oval dies (Nestabilities); Rings embossing folder (QuicKutz); gift tag (Target); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips