Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Grateful

Thanks so much for all of your comments about the loss of Cosmo the crazy dog--I can't begin to tell you how much your supportive words mean to me. There's definitely an empty spot in both my house and my heart without him around. I was able to speak to his regular vet yesterday and was reassured that I made the right decision for Cosmo and that's the most important thing for me to keep in mind as I get used to his absence . . .

Even though winter's arrived here in full force, fall colors are still on my mind. I made this card a few days ago, using the colors from Embellish Magazine's latest inspiration challenge and images from Clear & Simple Stamps.

The designer paper strip across the bottom (from SEI's Addison collection) incorporated all of the challenge colors--brown, olive, and rust--so I built my card around that. I layered the striped paper on a Terracotta Tile card base. A pair of panels are layered over it, slightly askew. The cream panel has the wheat stalk image from the Autumn stamp set on it and some brown ink sponged around the edges to soften it. Two copper brads are a simple accent on the olive panel. I added a button-embellished bow to the panels and stamped the "forever grateful" sentiment to complete the card.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another Clear & Simple Stamps sample, this time from one of the new releases . . .

Materials Used:
Autumn stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Old Olive and Very Vanilla cardstock, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Terracotta Tile cardstock, Terracotta Tile button, Terracotta Tile grosgrain ribbon, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (SEI-Addison line); copper brads (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. Great card, love the image stamped to the left side and the little button bow is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lori. Love the colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still thinking of you Lori! Right decision or not it is still a tough one.

    Love your card today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bow! Again, hugs..it is so hard....

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to you! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, Lori, it feels like winter here already! Great way to use the colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips