Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Blues

I made it through my day at work today, but it was hard. Coming home to an empty, quiet, Cosmo-less house was even harder. I'm just not much in the mood to chat or write tonight, so I'll keep this post short. I made this card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I got some of the new Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things in the mail today, so I tried out one of the images for my card.

I was going for a kind of soft, blue monochromatic color scheme here. The image is colored in different shades of blue and accented with some white Fun Flock. The patterned papers come from two different Memory Box winter collections that I've had for a while. They don't exactly match color-wise, but I think they still work together. I divided the patterned paper strip from the image panel with a piece of blue satin ribbon before attaching the panel to the card. There was really no room for a sentiment, so I just left it off.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow for the Clear & Simple Stamps release and my project for Paper Craft Planet's 12 Days of Chrismas event (with an opportunity to win a prize!) . . .

Materials Used:
Merry Kissmas stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Memory Box); satin ribbon (Michaels); white Fun Flock (Stampendous)

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute!!

    I'm so sorry for your loss. I really do feel for you. Animals become such a big part of the family and it's hard to endure when they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable card. Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a warm hug, Lori. I know it hurts to have him gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big {{hugs}} Lori!!! Was thinking of you lots today!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips