Tuesday, December 15, 2009

i {heart} papers December DT Challenge

This month's i {heart} papers design team challenge theme is to "eat, drink, and be merry!" All of the DT members' projects will be featuring two new My Mind's Eye Collection Kits, Be Loved and Love Me Do. These fun kits have great patterns and fabulous color schemes. I have to admit, I had already put mine to use long before this challenge . . .

There's nowhere better to eat, drink and be merry than at a party, so that's the inspiraton for my card. I paired papers from the Be Loved Collection Kit with images from Unity's Cocktail Party kit. I colored the martini glass image with markers to get the two toned image. The drink is coated with some Butter Cream Shimmerz for a festive look.

I paired three different coordinating patterned papers for the panels on my cardfront. Each panel is matted with a coordinating piece of solid cardstock. I added a strip of brown velvet ribbon across the card and a tab that had just enough room to stamp the word "party," accented with a self-adhesive pearl embellishment. The "let's mix it up" sentiment fit perfectly along the bottom of the card to complete the festive invitation.


other: Crushed Curry Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla cardstock, round tab punch (Stampin' Up!); Terracotta Tile ink, Terracotta Tile and Melon Berry cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa ink, black marker (Memento)

9 comments:

  1. This is fab! Love the little file folder tab thingie. And the Shimmerz is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Lori! I love the little tab, the fun layout and that yummy sparkling drink! Your card (and Cathleen's too) make me think of when our team was gathered around the drinks and dessert at Carrabba's! So fun...can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to add some shimmerz! I like the sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I'm gonna guess that's a Lemon Drop martini in that glass. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow Lori, this is so fun and festive, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little folder tab you added- such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you....this is FANTASTIC. What a great layout design with your party tab. Great way to say CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Merry! Love the little party tab- great idea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips