Friday, December 25, 2009

Just for You

It's been a dreary day here with gray skies all day leading to late afternoon cold rain. While the rain will make a dent in some of the huge (and I mean huge!) piles of snow everywhere, it's made a big, cold mess. So, I went for a spring feeling card when I sat down to craft after I got back from a yummy Mexican food dinner at Chevy's with my friend and her family. We eat at Chevy's pretty much every Friday night and were pleased to find that it was open for business as usual on Christmas Day.

Here's my clean and simple card featuring images from the Lovely Shelf stamp set from Gina K Designs for the December customer blog hop featuring the newest GKD releases. I stamped the floral image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers in shades of blues, greens, and yellows. The flower petals are lightly painted with Candle Light Shimmerz for a subtle sparkle and the center of each flower is dotted with a coordinating size pearl. I coated the vase with some Glossy Accents for a liquid-y look.

I paired the floral image with a piece of dotted paper from the Bloom & Grow line from My Mind's Eye. I added a decorative border to the panel, machine stitched for a nice detail. The panels are arranged on a cardfront made from a piece of Gina's new Creme de Menthe cardstock. The sentiment is stamped on a panel to match the decorative border. A piece of celery ribbon is at the end of the panel as a final decorative touch. It hasn't quite fooled me into thinking spring's near, but it's a good start!

Materials Used:
Lovely Shelf stamp set, Creme de Menthe and Ocean Mist cardstock (Gina K Designs); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); designer paper (My Mind's Eye-Bloom & Grow line); Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); self-adhesive pearls (Kaiser Craft); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Candle Light paint (Shimmerz); sewing machine

5 comments:

 
Blogging tips