Friday, December 25, 2009

Blogger Challenge: Week 131

This week’s blogger challenge theme is, most appropriately, Christmas, so I thought it would be a good time to share the holiday card that I sent out to family and friends this year. By now, they should have arrived safely, so it should be okay to share.

Since this December has been a pretty difficult month for me both emotionally and financially, I went with a really clean and simple design, actually inspired a card I created a few weeks before (you can see it in this post). I made a few adjustments to the original design so it would be easy to mass produce and be easy to send in the mail and wouldn’t require extra postage.

I embossed a vellum panel with the QuicKutz Snowflake embossing folder. The panel is attached to the bottom of an aqua card base, keeping with my tradition of non-traditional holiday card color schemes. To cover the adhesive, I tied a piece of turquoise organdy ribbon around the cardfront at the top edge of the vellum panel. The “holiday wishes” sentiment from Papertrey Ink’s Vintage Picnic stamp set is stamped above the ribbon in Pacific Point ink. Quick and elegant! When my co-worker opened hers, she turned to me and said, "Wow, Lori, you're getting kinda good at this now, aren't you?" I guess that's some kind of endorsement--LOL!

And, for more holiday ideas, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Vintage Picnic stamp set (Papertrey Ink); cardstock (Bazzill Basics); Pacific Point Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); vellum (The Paper Company); Snowflake embossing folder (QuicKutz); ribbon (Michaels)

16 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and I hope 2010 brings happy times and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is gorgeous--love the color! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors for your holiday card - love the embossed vellum. Wishing all the best for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great choice of color! Love the simple layout that makes this card so elegant! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful Lori! Love the color! Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. Love the soft delicate look. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elegance and simplicity and love this card to pieces...nice to be back on BC
    Merry Xmas Lori
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brrrrr, cold, but so pretty! Love the cool blue and the fun snowflakes! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got one of these! SO simple and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...this is stunning! I never thought of embossing my vellum!....love it!

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Lori! I love the color...so frosty looking...perfect for snowflakes! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! I know what it's like to have tight times... We experienced the same thing this Christmas. Wishing you comfort, joy and peace and a beautiful 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card- I love all things blue- love your ribbon treatment. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  14. The embossed vellum is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple....lovely.....elegant! Just doesn't get any better!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips