Saturday, December 26, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop: Holiday Inspired


The theme for this month's Papertrey Ink blog hop is holiday inspiration. I have to start by admitting upfront that I didn't do any holiday decorating this year. I don't celebrate Christmas and this year, I haven't felt particularly festive this month for a multitude of reasons, so I just didn't bother with even hanging the fun bell wreath that I modeled my project on. I don't have a photo because it's packed away in a box in a closet, but I'll give a description instead. I used a run of the mill door wreath made out of metal jingle bells for inspiration. Mine has bells in cool shades of blue, purple, and silver.

I used the shape and colors from my wreath to come up with this very simple card. I used PTI's buttons in Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, and Plum Pudding to form a round wreath shape on a shimmery white card base. The buttons are attached with glue dots and foam tape pieces for some variation and dimension. I purposely selected different size buttons to add interest.

Once the buttons were in place, I added a button-embellished bow, made from Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon, to the top of the wreath. The "winter wishes" sentiment from Vintage Picnic Sentiments is stamped under the wreath in Plum Pudding ink.

Materials Used (all from Papertrey Ink):
Vintage Picnic Sentiments stamp set, Plum Pudding ink, White Shimmer cardstock, Plum Pudding, Spring Rain, and Enchanted Evening buttons, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon, twine

19 comments:

  1. Your wreath is "cute as a button", Lori, or I should say "buttons"! Love how you used all the different sizes & varied the dimensionals! Honestly, I didn't decorate for the holidays either for various reasons, so you're not alone. Hope things improve for you in the New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 'm so sorry you didn't feel like decorating this season but your card certainly has plenty of seasonal spirit to it. Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very nice! Love the colors. The description of your bell wreath sounds very pretty. Maybe next year you'll want to hang it and share the photo of it then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori!! I understand how you feel, this is the first year in at least 2-3 that I have decorated, sometimes you just can't. I love your card, the colors are so pretty and I love the simplicity!!
    (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the button wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card and I just love the colors! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty! Love the colours and the simple design! Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute idea! I just can never get enough of buttons -- love your colors too, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Lovely, cool colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! I'm going to remember this for next year--it's really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card!
    Praying that the new year coming will be bright for you!
    Michelle Benoit

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty wreath card, lori! i wish for you a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I understand about not wanting to do any decorating. Thankfully there is not a lot involved in celebrating Hanukkah. Your Bell wreath sounds very nice though. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your New Year is more festive for you as it gives you a chance to start fresh and make new goals to strive for. You deserve to be happy!

    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a really cute idea. What a way to use up some buttons so you HAVE to buy more! :) Sorry this season was a bit of a downer hope that he new year sees an improvement. We didn't decorate much either this year, house was torn up redoing the kitchen. Had a tree, a wreath and a nativity set and that was it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips