Sunday, December 27, 2009

Anniversary in Advance

My parents are celebrating their anniversary later this week, so I needed to get to work on an anniversary card for them. Since they're going away this week, I most likely won't get to give this to them before their anniversary passes, so I figured it didn't matter much if I showed it off here and they (or more likely, my mom) got a sneak peek at it before they have the card in hand. I pulled this one together using this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

I started with some striped paper in kind of neutral tones. The paper is layered on a coordinating Sahara Sand card base. I created a layered panel for the center of the card, using more Sahara Sand bordered with Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip.
A piece of Chocolate Chip ribbon runs down the layered panels. I cut a notch in the bottom of the ribbon for some interest, then layered on a large ghost heart and a button. The button is placed strategically to hide the glue dot that I used to attach the heart. Those ghost hearts can be tricky to work with! The final element was a portion of a sentiment from Verve's Wishing You, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.

Materials Used:
Wishing You stamp set (Verve Stamps); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, and Sahara Sand cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Dream Street Papers: Art Nouveau-Aesthetic); ghost heart (Heidi Swapp); button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips