Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow Day Stuff

Well, yesterday was in fact a "snow day" here. It snowed pretty much the entire day, leaving a pretty coating on the grass and trees first, then eventually sticking to the sidewalks and roads a bit. The perfect day to spend at home being crafty!

I tried out a few StampTV challenges using stamps from Gina K Designs. The first one I did was to make a treat holder for the 3d challenge. I have been wanting to try to make a cute matchbox style treat holder, so that's the kind I did.

My treat holder is decorated with images from the Hip to Be Square set. I used a few different stamps to build the snowman face. I couldn't find the carrot stamp for the snowman's nose so I ended up cutting one from a scrap of orange cardstock. Fortunately, I found the stamp stuck to the rings of my storage binder--those tiny ones are tricky to keep track of!

For the inside, I kept things simple. The sentiment from the Warm Winter Wishes stamp set is stamped in dark blue ink on a light blue panel, then a chocolate is slipped inside the pocket. Easy and yummy, too!

Materials Used:
Hip to Be Square and Warm Winter Wishes stamp sets (Gina K Designs); Enchanted Evening and Fresh Snow inks, Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); silver brads (Making Memories); silver paper (Target)

I also took on this week's sketch challenge. I used the wine glass image from the A Charmed Life set as the focal image on the sketch's large oval panel. The image is colored with Copic markers. Some Dazzling Diamonds and gold metallic paste add just a little sparkle to the liquid in the glass. I added the snowflake charm to the glass using silver ink. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a tiny rhinestone to the center of the snowflake.

I covered the cardfront with a pretty metallic paper panel that was very difficult to photograph. It kept reflecting my red (go Wisconsin Badgers!) shirt--LOL! After adding the image panel, I had just enough room to fit the "Cheers!" sentiment along the bottom of the card in silver ink. I wanted to add some ribbon to the card and finally settled on placing a silvery bow at the top of the image panel.

Materials Used:
A Charmed Life stamp set, white cardstock, metallic paste (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Basic Black and Basic Gray cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); silver ink (Encore); designer paper (Stemma); petite oval dies (Nestabilities); silver satin ribbon (Target); silver brads (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips