Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wintery Cup of Cocoa

It's a chilly day here, perfect for a cup of cocoa. With that in mind, I pulled out my Cup of Cocoa stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps for today's SCS sketch challenge. I really like the combination of images and sentiments in this set--I have to say that it's definitely becoming a favorite.

I went with a wintery blue color scheme for the card. The coordinating patterned papers come from a DCWV winter mat stack. I layered all of the pieces on Brocade Blue mats. To add a little texture, I stretched a piece of light blue grosgrain ribbon across the cardfront and added a button-embellished bow.

The cocoa image is colored with Copic markers. I curved the "sip. enjoy. repeat." sentiment to match the circle panel and stamped it in matching blue ink. Simple and warm feeling.

Materials Used:
Cup of Cocoa stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV); circle dies (Nestabilities); blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex); button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. I love that sentiment, very pretty hues of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for the challenge Lori. The curved sentiment is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips