Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hand-in-Hand and #1 Fan

I played in two different StampTV challenges, using two different Gina K Designs stamp sets designed by Melanie.

Here's my card for this week's sketch challenge. I used the Hand-in-Hand set for the focal image. The hands were stamped on white paper, colored, then cut out and attached to a cream panel. The cream panel coordinated better with the colors of the elegant DCWV La Creme Matstack papers I used for the cardfront. The " a perfect fit" sentiment fit nicely along the bottom of the panel. It's an open-ended enough sentiment that this card could be used for either a wedding or an anniversary.

I stretched a piece of cream satin ribbon across the cardstock, covering the seam between the two patterns. I added a simple cream Prima flower with a Dew Drop pearl at the center to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Hand-in-Hand stamp set, white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV's La Creme matstack); cream satin ribbon (Michaels); flower (Prima); Dew Drop (Robin's Nest); Silver Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

This card is for this week's "blast from the past" challenge, featuring a technique previously featured on a StampTV video. The technique here is partial Cuttlebug embossing. I hadn't tried this technique before--it was pretty easy to do and worked nicely in my Big Shot. I used the Stars embossing folder for my sports themed card. It's embossed on the top portion of the navy panel.

I used a combination of images from Just So Sporty and Sporty Accessories for the image panel. The banner was colored first, then the "#1 fan" was stamped over the banner. I stamped the football on a scrap of paper, colored it, then added it to the panel with some foam tape.

I cut the embossed panel to about 1/2" narrower than the card base on both sides so that more of the cool texture of the tan leather cardstock would be visible. I ran a piece of red grosgrain ribbon across the card where the embossing ended, then layered the image panel on top of that. A single silver brad accents the ribbon.

Materials Used:
Just So Sporty and Sporty Accessories stamp sets, Tan Leather and White cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Night of Navy cardstock, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug); oval dies (Nestabilities); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); silver brad (Making Memories); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips