Friday, January 8, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 133

This week’s blogger challenge is a sketch provided by our leader, Lisa. I had a hard time with this one at first. It seemed like all the image and sentiment pairs I wanted to use were too big to fit across the card.

I settled on this pair of images from Unity’s Everyday Adorable kit. I stamped the key image in black ink on a scrap of gray cardstock and carefully cut it out, then attached it to a cream panel. I layered the panel on a silver mat, then on a gray one.

I covered a gray card base with some pretty striped paper from SEI’s Juliette line. The paper is pearly and shimmery and so pretty! I cut another strip of the paper, flipped it over to the reverse side, and placed it across the card base, then added a big wide pink silk bow beneath the dotted strip.

The kit’s “key 2 my heart” sentiment just fit next to the key. It’s stamped in black ink. I stamped it a second time on a scrap of pink and cut out the inside of the heart and attached it to the cardfront for some contrast.

For more ideas using this sketch, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Everyday Adorable kit, Palette Noir Black ink, SEI Juliette-My Romeo designer paper, pink silk ribbon (out of stock now)

other: Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); silver paper (Target)

15 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Lori! I especially like that big pink bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shimmery paper and the big pink bow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty DP and LOVE the big bow! Fun card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with this months sketch, cute images! Love the pink bow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ribbon is beautiful! Love everything about this card and how you chose to use a simple image with a complete sentiment to the side -- awesome! Love those stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch. I love the Key image and the sentiment is perfect. Awesome colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that ribbon...and the image with the sentiment is fabulous! Great card! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Lori, I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Key to my Heart that is so beautiful...and the stripped papper really add elegance to the pink ribbon.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty, love the big bow. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice...great colors and paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww soooo sweet! LOVE that huge pink ribbon, how fun! Have a great week Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so sweet! I love the designer paper and that really pretty ribbon! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lorie this is so pretty! Love the paper you chose!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips