Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bellarific Friday Goes Back to School

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s theme is back to school, which even though it’s January, is very appropriate since it seems that pretty much everyone’s returning to school (or work!) after a long holiday and winter break. At least that’s the case around here where schools went on an unplanned early and extended winter break after a big snowstorm.

I went with Bookwormabella for my back to school card. I am a big book lover and reader. If you’re a regular reader of my blog, I’m sure you’ve seen me mention my huge collection of children’s books from my kindergarten teacher days—I love a good picture book! Anyway, I colored Bookwormabella in a primary color scheme with lots of reds and blues. I added a few sparkly details, like a teeny tiny rhinestone at the center of the flower on her shirt and some glitter on the lenses of her glasses.

I matted the image on a blue mat and accented it with a strip punched with the Apron Lace border punch. Everything’s assembled on a kraft card base. I had just enough room for the coordinating book sentiment. A red button with some white ribbon knotted through it completes the card.

Materials Used:
Bookwormabella and sentiment (Stamping Bella); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Kraft cardstock, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); Tiny Twinkle (Taylored Expressions)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips