Friday, January 22, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 135

This week’s blogger challenge is to use punches or die cuts on your project. I used a heart punch for this sweet and sparkly card.

I punched a heart from a sheet of red glittered paper and used it to fashion my own lollipop. The heart is attached to a real paper candy stick, left over from some other project. I tied a piece of ruffled red faux suede ribbon around the stick to dress it up a bit, then layered it on a panel of designer paper from the My Mind’s Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit using foam tape.

To keep the attention on the super sparkly sweet treat, I kept the rest of my layout simple. The lollipop panel is set on the right side of the card base. I stamped the “I’m a sucker for you” sentiment from the Chicken Girl Design Hugs from a Bug stamp set in black ink on a yellow panel, accented by some paper piercing and a single brad. This stamp set, available exclusively at i {heart} papers, is great for Valentine’s Day cards, so you’ll likely be seeing some more of it as the day approaches.

For more ideas using punches and die cuts, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of creative ideas as I always do. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:
Petaloo glittered sheets, May Arts red faux suede ruffle edge ribbon, My Mind’s Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit, Chicken Girl Design Hugs from a Bug stamp set, Palette Noir Black ink

other: Real Red and Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); heart punch (Marvy Uchida); silver brad (Making Memories); lollipop stick

18 comments:

  1. What a great valentine greeting! Love the sparkly heart on the sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! Love how you kept the card simple, but the sucker pops! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Wicked Cute!!! I love your lollypop! how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love that glittery paper--very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE! Love the faux lolly...and the sentiment really makes it all so cute! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of a faux lollipop! That is GREAT and clever! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so cute and so fun. Love the sparkly heart and what a great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Lori! Love the lolli.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes the perfect paper for valentine cards...love the Heart sucker..just perfect. Have fun at CHA...lucky gal.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sucker heart is just too stinkin' cute!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea Lori! Love all of that sparkle! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be soooo late in viewing your great project--time just got away from me.

    Love how your lollipop--ir looks so real!
    Nola

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips