Sunday, January 3, 2010

Elegant Bleached Melon Flowers

Here's a simple card I made for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on the floral silhouette card found here.

I used the same stamped image from Gina K's Elegant Flowers stamp set, but instead of stamping the image with white ink, I used bleach instead on a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock. It looks so pretty! I've found that when using this technique, it works well for me to fold up a paper towel and set it in an empty plastic clamshell stamp storage case, then pour some bleach over the towel. That way I have a case to keep the bleach (and bleach fumes) safely away from me and my projects.

I added a trio of pearls to the lower left side and some paper piercing to the top corners of the image panel, then layered it on mats that coordinate with the Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. The look of the bleached image is a nice match with the sort of distressed look of the patterned paper. I used a strip of ribbon as an embellishment across the cardfront. I added a "cheater" bow (small piece of ribbon knotted around the band set across the card) as a simple embellishment.

Materials Used:
Elegant Flowers stamp set (Gina K Designs); Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, and Rich Razzleberry cardstock, Razzleberry Lemonade designer series paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); Raspberry Fizz grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); lavender pearls (Mark Richards); bleach

3 comments:

  1. really like this card and technique-somehow the bleach doesnt work for me the way I would like-you made it look so easy and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful Lori! I do the same thing with my bleach... haven't checked it in a while, I wonder how long it will stay that way. I love how the flowers turned out on your card with the bleach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing how illustrators use their own set! And I love seeing such out of the ordinary ideas! Love this

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips