Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finally Finished

I made it through all five of the Verve Stamps release challenges with a little bit of time to spare! Here are my projects for the last two challenges.

This one is for the sketch challenge. I used some October Afternoon designer paper that was sitting on my table as the basis for this one. I stamped the “you’re so fabulous” sentiment from the Bountiful Backgrounds set in teal ink on a cream panel. It’s layered on the card base along with a panel of the designer paper and a kiwi green panel stamped with the dotted background, also from Bountiful Backgrounds. I added a coordinating teal satin ribbon to the panel.

Instead of using a circle accent piece, I used a shoe. The stylin' shoe from Express Yourself is stamped in black ink on a scrap of teal cardstock, then carefully cut out. I attached it to the card with some foam tape. Definitely fabulous!

Materials Used:
Bountiful Backgrounds and Express Yourself stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Taken with Teal and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Taken with Teal, Kiwi Kiss, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon-Ducks in a Row line); teal satin ribbon (Michaels); foam tape


The final challenge was to make a non-A2 card. I made a pair of mini 3x3 cards, like little lunch box love notes. To keep the assembly quick and easy, I used the same layout, colors, and elements for both cards. Pretty much all of the pieces on these came from my scrap collection—gotta love that!

I used a red card base, accented with a bold pink panel stamped with the heart border from Thankful Hearts. A decorative punched black strip with teeny, tiny hearts runs across the card, underneath the pink panel. I stamped the sentiments in black ink on white circles, then layered them on black circles. A little bit of ribbon was attached to the back of the sentiment panels before I placed them on the mini cards with some foam tape. Really quick and really cute, too!

Materials Used:
Thankful Hearts stamp set (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Real Red, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, circle punches, Basic Black grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Arrow border punch (EK Success); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips