Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hello Sunshine

The title for this post is pretty much the opposite of my day. It's been snowing steadily here all day and more has accumulated than I had expected--over 6 inches, in fact. I have definitely had enough of snow this winter! So, I thought a warm and sunny feeling card was in order for today. I used new stamps from Verve along with this week's Mojo Monday sketch for this square card.

The colors for the card came from the colors in the strip of patterned paper I used along the left side of the card. They definitely have a warm feeling to them! I stamped one of the medallion images from the new Accent Notes set in Crushed Curry ink on matching Crushed Curry cardstock to make my own background paper, then layered the patterned paper strip along one edge.

I stamped the "hello sunshine" sentiment in Crushed Curry ink on a white panel. The panel is layered on a Melon Mambo panel with a scalloped border along the bottom. A trio of lemon buttons is at the top right of the image panel. Threading the twine through the button holes in the three buttons took me almost as long as it took to make the rest of the card. My fingers are still chilly from shoveling the sidewalk! I added a strip of matching pink ribbon along the right edge of the patterned paper strip to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Accent Notes stamp set (Verve Stamps); Crushed Curry Classic ink, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (DCWV's The Sorbet Stack); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Lemon Tart buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips