Friday, January 29, 2010

Monochromatic Peace

Finally, Friday! I'm so ready for the weekend. I'm still tired from my trip and looking forward to spending some time resting and relaxing at home (and catching up on General Hospital, too). We're supposed to get just a bit of snow, so that makes the idea of staying home even better.

I made this monochromatic card for this week's StampTV sketch challenge. The images are from the Many Wishes set from Gina K Designs. I used shades of gray with just a bit of black for a mostly soft look.

I stamped the flowers, stem, and sentiment on a pale gray oval panel, then inked the edges with some darker gray ink, coordinating with the ink I used for the images. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added some clear Stardust glitter pen to the flowers for a subtle shimmer.

I used some retired SU! designer paper to cover most of the cardfront. The pattern has a tone on tone look that was a good match for my monochromatic grays. The only embellishment is a super shiny silver satin ribbon, tied around the long panel extending from the bottom of the oval panel. Simple, but elegant.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow morning to check out my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. I hope to still be sound asleep when my post goes live!

Materials Used:
Many Wishes stamp set (Gina K Designs); Smokey Shadow ink, Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black and Basic Gray cardstock , Basic Gray Patterns designer series paper (Stampin' Up!); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); silver ribbon (Target); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Yes it is simple and very elegant. Perfect. Love your little 'knot bow'.

    Kylie ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, I love the flower image and that pp goes great with the monochromatic color scheme you chose.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips