Friday, January 29, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 136

This week’s blogger challenge is birthday cards. This challenge was just in time for me, since one of my good friends is celebrating a birthday next week. Her favorite color is purple, so I took that as inspiration for my card.

I created a Z-fold card in shades of plum and lavender using a soft floral image as the focal point. I stamped one of the leafy branches from Papertrey Ink’s Turning a New Leaf stamp set in Ripe Avocado ink on a lavender panel, then added a pair of flowers from the Floral Fusion set in plum to stand out against the pale background. I had enough room left on the panel to add the sentiment in coordinating lavender ink. A piece of knotted plum ribbon is attached to the left side of the panel.

I lined the inside of the card with some lavender paper with white dots. It dresses it up, but is still light enough that I can write my message directly on it.

For more birthday card ideas, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Papertrey Ink):
Turning a New Leaf, Floral Fusion, and Signature Greetings stamp sets, Lavender Moon, Ripe Avocado, and Plum Pudding inks, Lavender Moon, Ripe Avocado, and Plum Pudding cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon

12 comments:

  1. Love the colors, very soft and pretty. I'm sure your friend will love it! Great to meet you at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Lori, it was awesome meeting you!!! I would love to get together again soon when I come up to MD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite color combo..a super job for this challenge
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love how you put it all together. Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Lori! I love the soft colors! Terrific Z-Fold too! Just lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The touch of avacado is wonderful with the purples and pinks! Neat fold, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Lori. It was SOO nice to get to meet you. Hope you had fun at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors, Lori...and that Z fold is always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh you used my favorite colors! Great layout--a Zeee card--I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous color combo Lori. Great design too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips