Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One, Two, Three

I'm not sure if I'll have time to complete all 5 of the Verve release challenges before the Friday deadline, but I'm giving it my best shot! I made my way through the first three and I'll share those here tonight.

The first challenge was to use chipboard. I combined this challenge with this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I really like the sketch and have a feeling I'll be using it again. I flipped it on its side for this Valentine's Day themed card.

The color scheme came from the warm colors in designer paper I used from the My Mind's Eye Be Loved Collection Kit. The sentiment from Verve's Hundred Hearts is stamped in Melon Berry ink on a cream panel. I inked the panel's edges with brown ink for a softer look.

Since I couldn't find the right sized one in my collection, I used a Nestabilities die and some heavy cardboard to cut my own chipboard heart. The heart is inked with Terracotta Tile ink and embellished with a Melon Berry button. I had a hard time getting the button to stick to the inked heart, but finally got it to attach securely.

Materials Used:
Hundred Hearts stamp set (Verve Stamps); Melon Berry and Terracotta Tile inks, Melon Berry and Terracotta Tile cardstock, Terracotta Tile grosgrain ribbon, Melon Berry button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Very Vanilla cardstock, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye Be Loved Collection Kit); heart die (Nestabilities); scallop heart border punch (Martha Stewart)


The second challenge was to make a Valentine favor or treat box. I made this quick one from a 1/4 sheet of cardstock, topped with a strip of designer paper. It holds 4 Hershey's Kisses (held in place securely with glue dots on the bottom).

I stamped the heart border strip from Thankful Hearts tone on tone three times along the bottom of my treat holder, flipping the image each time I stamped to vary the placement a bit. I used a piece of fun dotted patterned paper for the topper. A semi-circle notch is cut out from the edges of the treat holder base and topper so that it can be secured with a piece of ribbon. I set the topper in place then wrapped the ribbon around the topper. A heart shaped brad holds the ribbon closed and attaches a simple tag, made with a sentiment from Thankful Accents.

Materials Used:
Thankful Hearts and Thankful Accents stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Melon Mambo and Real Red Classic inks, Melon Mambo, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, slot punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Papertrey Ink); 1 3/8" and 1 1/2" circle punches (EK Success); heart brad (Making Memories)


The final challenge I've finished so far is a color challenge using turquoise, gray, and black. I added a bit of white into the mix--hope that's okay! My focal image is from the Thankful Accents set. I stamped the large doodle frame image in black, then sponged turquoise ink around the edges, trying to apply it with a heavier hand along the edges. I stamped the set's "thanks so much" sentiment in black ink on a turquoise panel and layered it on a black mat before attaching it to the center of the frame with foam tape. The frame is layered on a black scalloped circle, dotted with some Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls a la Verve Diva (and my Paper Craft Planet DT pal) Sankari.

I used a piece of gray and white striped designer paper for the panel along the bottom of the cardfront. I made my own patterned paper using one of the little accent images in the stamp set, stamping the image repeatedly tone on tone on a turquoise panel. Like I did with the heart border, I rotated the image to create the pattern--love how these images fit together so nicely! A piece of black satin ribbon (from my scrap pile again--yay!) is wrapped around the panel for an elegant accent.

Materials Used:
Thankful Accents stamp set (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Tempting Turquoise Classic ink, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (SEI-Bridgeport line); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" circle punches (EK Success); black satin ribbon (Target); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow...Lori these are fantastic. I just love Verve stamps...which I owned more of them. You really shine when you're under a deadline because these ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite talented and your designs have inspired me. Could you please tell me what is the brand name of the inks you used?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips