Thursday, January 28, 2010

Through Rain or Shine

I arrived home safely from California last night. Today, I'm a bit tired, but it was definitely worth it! I loved the time spent with friends as we strolled the CHA floor by day and ate, drank, and laughed by night. Going back to work this morning was definitely a shock to my system!

I haven't stamped in a week, so I started back with a sketch challenge. I used this week's SCS sketch challenge in combination with images from Unity's January Stampin' Store Kit, {livin' and lovin' life}, from i {heart} papers.

I stamped the couple under the umbrella image on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. I dotted Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls at the umbrella's center and on the edges for a metal-ish look.

The image was colored to coordinate with the bold colors in the patterned paper I used from the My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit. I'm not normally a big yellow fan, but it seemed right to pair the rainy image with a sunny color. A strip of yellow faux suede ribbon separates the image from the sentiment. There wasn't enough room to fit the entire sentiment on the front, so the rest ("you'll always be mine") is found on the inside of the card.

Materials Used:

other: white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red and Yoyo Yellow cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips