Friday, February 12, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 138

This week's blogger challenge theme is, appropriately, Valentines. The card I'm sharing today is the card I made to send to family and friends to mark the occasion (so act appropriately surprised when you get it, Mom and Michele!). It has a hard act to follow since the card I made to send to them last year was selected for publication in the current issue of Stamp It! Cards magazine.

Since I was making multiples of this card, I went with a design that was easy to reproduce and wouldn't be too difficult to put in the mail. I used images from Papertrey Ink's Simple Valentine set and a design with lots of white space. For the focal image, I combined two of the set's heart images with the "hugs & kisses" sentiment. I accented the stamped images with a piece of knotted bright pink grosgrain ribbon. A black mat really makes the stamped images pop.

On the card base, I stamped one of the set's border images in Raspberry Fizz ink across the bottom. A matching strip of Raspberry Fizz cardstock runs along the top of the stamping. I added a single silver brad to the left edge of the strip to balance the design. The image panel is layered on with foam tape, overlapping the pink strip and the stamped hearts just a little.

For more Valentine ideas, please visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Simple Valentine stamp set, Raspberry Fizz ink, Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); circle dies (Nestabilities); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); silver brad (Making Memories); foam tape

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful CAS Valentine, the black adds just the right POP! Congrats on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this border on the card...the pink and white is so elegant...
    happy Valentines weekend
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout and perfect CAS card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this CAS card!! It is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card...love the simplicity! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen your card for last year, but think this is also publication worthy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lori! This is lovely! What a terrific design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT card! I love it and your style! Congrats on the publication, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, this is such a sweet card! Happy v-day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOH...this one should be published, too! Love the simple yet absolutely lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card, but you don't need to ask, I'll always be your Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh! Sweet....simple....clean, yet so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep yep yep, I agree with them all, this is a keeper! hugz

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips