Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blooming Bouquet

Here's a simple card for Mercy's latest sketch challenge. I'm anxiously awaiting my newest Papertrey Ink goodies to arrive in the mail, so I thought I'd use some other PTI stuff to pass the time. I used a pair of images from Blooming Button Bits for this floral card.

I stamped the vase in Plum Pudding ink and the leafy branch image in Spring Moss ink. A trio of Plum Pudding buttons are set in the branch to be the pretty blooms. Before attaching the buttons with glue dots, I threaded some twine through each one.

I used small squares of PTI's Pretty Pastels designer paper for the panels underneath the image. The images and muted colors are so pretty and perfect for spring! The squares are layered on coordinating solid mats, then attached to a Lavender Moon card base. I added a ribbon tab at the right side of the image panel to complete the card.
Materials Used:
Blooming Button Bits stamp set, Plum Pudding and Spring Moss inks, Plum Pudding, Spring Moss, and Lavender Moon cardstock, Pretty Pastels patterned paper, Plum Pudding grosgrain ribbon, Plum Pudding buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Stampin' Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card Lori, love Papertrey but postage rates to Europe are prohibitive. Maybe just as well or I'd be spending even more money! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stalking the postman as well waiting for my box :) this is so pretty, I love the purples!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips