Sunday, February 21, 2010

You Are My Sunshine and More

I'm still working on thinking spring here. Maybe that will help the snow to melt a little bit faster! I made this cheerful card using this week's Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I had a great time hanging out at the OCL booth at CHA last month, meeting the OCL gals and checking out the new sets and gorgeous samples. Kate's just gotten a bunch of the newest sets in at i {heart} papers. And, to go along with the Copics she's just added to the store, she's also carrying Memento ink, my favorite ink for using with Copics, too.

I used the adorable duck from the Ducky Days set as my focal image. The duck is stamped with Memento ink and colored with Copic markers. I have to admit that I cheated a bit and used the color enclosure that came with the set as a coloring guide--I love that feature of the OLC sets! It doesn't show in my photo, but I coated the puddle under the duck's feet with some Glossy Accents for a watery look.

I used both sides of a piece of My Mind's Eye designer paper for the panels on the cardfront. I matted the panels on coordinating pink and green cardstock pieces. A piece of bold pink faux suede ribbon runs across the card for some texture and contrast. I decided to keep the sentiment panel a simple circle instead of a fancy shape because of all the patterns in the designer paper. It's added on with some foam tape.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Ducky Days stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y00,Y11, Y21, YG03, YG05, R81, R83, R85, YR20, YR61, B000, B00, B02, C-3), Ranger Glossy Accents, My Mind's Eye Abbey Road Whirlybird "Blossom" Floating Flowers designer paper, May Arts light fuschia faux suede ribbon

other: white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Kiwi Kiss and Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape


While I had my OCL sets out, I thought I'd use another one for this week's Fabulous Friday challenge from the i {heart} copics group at Paper Craft Planet. For this one, I used the Pat the Dawg House set. I have a few of the dog sets in my collection. They remind me of my sweet Cosmo the crazy dog. Boy, do I miss having that big guy around. . .

I used my Memento ink and Copics again to color the image. I paired it with 3 different patterns from the My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit. The triangles are machine stitched together (with a slightly smaller white panel behind them to hold them in place for stitching purposes). I attached the stitched panel to a Bermuda Bay card base, then layered the colored image on top. I added the sentiment on a pair of layered circles to finish the card.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Pat the Dawg House stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (C-1, C-3, C-5, E00, E21, E33, E35, E43, E51, YR21, YG03, YG05, YG23, R27, R46, B0000), My Mind's Eye Love Me Do Collection Kit

other: Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape; sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous cards Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally, totally cute! I really don't know how you bang these things out so fast and so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great! Your coloring is perfect too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your creations! Great colors in everything! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMWord..... both cards are SO cute! You rock my friend! Thanks for playing along with our OCLDT sketch! You've inspired me to get this set out! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards Lori! They are both adorable! Love the fun colors...SO excited that Memento and Copics are in the house! {{hugs}} to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what wonderful cards, Lori! I just love both of them!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips