Friday, February 19, 2010

Cloud Nine

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was a color challenge using aqua, rose, and melon.

I used ALTEEtude from the Tiddly Inks line for my card. The image is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the challenge colors.. I added a few embellishments, like some Stardust glitter pen on the cloud and a white pearl at the center of the flower on her hat. It's hard to see in the photo, but I airbrushed a soft aqua-ish sky/glow around the image. I'm making an effort to practice my airbrushing in hopes that my technique will start to improve . . .

I paired two patterned papers from a My Mind’s Eye stack I picked up recently at Michaels for the panels on the cardfront. To bring in a little more of the rose color, I added a decorative scalloped strip underneath one of the papers. I also matted the coordinating “on cloud nine” sentiment on pink and embellished it with a small piece of knotted pink satin ribbon. With the little touches of pink, the card turned out sweet and girly.

Materials Used:
ALTEEtude image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist, and Melon Berry cardstock, Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Nestabilities); circle punches (EK Success); pinking scallop border punch (Martha Stewart); clear Stardust glitter pen (Sakura); self-adhesive pearl (Queen & Co.)

2 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
    And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips