Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Elegant Giga Guide Lines

It's mid-afternoon here in snowy DC and the white stuff is still coming down! And it's blowing around like crazy, too. I haven't made my way outside to shovel yet, but I know that big job is looming ahead of me once again.

I made this simple card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I used one of the bold images from Papertrey Ink's Giga Guidelines stamp set for the trio of images along the center of the card. Each image was stamped twice, first in cream ink, then again just a tiny bit offset in Aqua Mist ink. So pretty! A small, self-adhesive pearl is at the center of each image to dress them up just a little.

My color combination came from the October Afternoon designer paper I used for the panel on the cardfront. I layered it on a kraft mat to set it apart a bit from the Aqua Mist card base. A piece of Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon layered with a piece of black satin ribbon runs across the cardfront, over the patterned paper panel and under the image panel. The satin ribbon adds a really elegant touch to the design.

Materials Used:
Giga Guidelines stamp set, Vintage Cream and Aqua Mist inks, Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon-Hometown line); black satin ribbon (Target); pearls (KaiserCraft); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. love the colors you used on it and how you used the cream/aqua for the flourish part. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being homebound has really stepped up your mojo girl...this is a fantastic card in one of my favorite color combos. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips