Thursday, February 11, 2010

Monkey Mojo

I got Verve's Love Monkey stamp set when it was released, but it arrived just as I was leaving for CHA, so I didn't get a chance to ink it up. I couldn't let Valentine's Day pass without trying it out, so I used it for this card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

The monkey was stamped in brown ink on a scrap of white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I filled in the belly with some brown flock. The cut out monkey was attached to a pale pink circle with foam tape.

I used some wide striped paper from a K & Company Valentine's Day pad for the curved edge piece on the cardfront. I carefully cut the paper so there'd be a wide white/pink stripe at the center of the panel. To get the curve, I traced the edge of the roll of grosgrain ribbon that I used for the card--perfect semi-circle! I edged the circle with a piece of scalloped circle cut with a Nestabilities die. The sentiment is stamped on a SU! Curly Label punch piece, slipped just underneath the scalloped edge.

I have to admit that I wasn't crazy about this card when I was finished with it. But, it's growing on me a bit as I look at it now. I guess that's a good thing!

Materials Used:
Love Monkey stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Kraft cardstock, Curly Label punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); brown flock (Doodlebug); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Love the card and love the monkey. I have a thing for these cute little critters!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips