Monday, February 1, 2010

Giga Guide Line Thanks

I made this card for today's SCS clean and simple stamping challenge. The layout came from a card created by Kelly Landers. I was introduced to Kelly last week at CHA at breakfast one morning. I managed to make her tear up a bit over our yummy IHOP pancakes by telling some stories about my so sweet and much missed Cosmo the crazy dog--sorry about that, Kelly!

My original plan was to use some Unity stamps for this card, but when I got home from work today, I saw a box sitting on my doorstep. After an initial panic (what did I order? I don't think I ordered anything? what am I forgetting?), I realized that it was a set that I'd won during a Papertrey Ink blog hop. The images in Giga Guide Lines were perfect to use with the layout, so I went with that instead.

I was going for a masculine look here. I stamped one of the large images in Ripe Avocado ink three times on a kraft panel. A strip of mossy green twill tape is stretched across the cardfront just under the trio of images. I tied a piece of narrow chocolate grosgrain underneath the twill for some contrast. The set's "thank you" image is stamped in the same green ink in the lower right corner of the card. Like I said, I wanted to keep this kind of masculine, so I didn't embellish the images at all. By changing the colors and adding some bling to the center of the images, you could totally change the feel of the card. I may have to do just that later on . . .

Materials Used:
Giga Guide Lines stamp set, Ripe Avocado ink (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); moss green twill (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips