Monday, February 1, 2010

Sweet Hearts Set

Happy February! It's time to introduce the newest template in the Clear & Simple Stamps lineup. Sue has created a fun seasonal box that we're calling the Sweet Hearts Box. It easily holds a notepad (or some note cards) and a pen and will look great on your desk. You can download it for free here. Be sure to stop by Sue's blog for a step by step tutorial on assembling the box, too.

Before I show you my template sample, I want to let you know about February's Stamp of the Month and featured Copic Trio. The SOTM is the adorable Sweet Hearts stamp set. This is a fun two step stamp set that's great for seasonal (Valentine) cards and other occasions, too. Be sure to use the code CSS0210 to get $1 off your purchase of the SOTM. I'll have some samples to share using the set over the next few weeks. The featured Copic Trio is the Red Trio, which includes R32, R35, and R39. Perfect for Valentines!

Now, here's my template. I really ran with the heart theme on this one. The box's base is made from rose cardstock. I cut the panel for the box's base from a piece of thin cardboard, then covered it with matching cardstock for extra stability before assembling the box.

I used some October Afternoon designer paper with a heart pattern to cover most of the box's front and to cover the front of the pen holder. I stamped the heart border image from the Sweet Hearts stamp set repeatedly in rose ink on the pale pink heart that's added to the heart front. The image is easy to line up. A piece of coordinating rose ribbon is knotted around the box as an embellishment. I placed a small gel pen in the pen holder. All I need now is a pretty matching note pad.

Be sure to check out the rest of the CSS design team members to see how they've used the Sweet Hearts Box template. Here's where to find them:

CSS Blog
Beth Matson
Jen Tapler
Kim Howard
Robyn Weatherspoon
Sarah Martina
Simone Pursiful
Sue Berker

Materials Used:
Sweet Hearts stamp set, ScorTape (Clear & Simple Stamps); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Innocent Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs)

5 comments:

 
Blogging tips