Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm Still Thinking on This One

Here’s my card for the latest Viva la Verve challenge for February. This month’s inspiration room is the dining room and my card is based on an inspiration photo featuring a pink room.

I made this card a few days ago and was hoping it would grow on me, but it really hasn’t. The focal image is a layered medallion-ish piece made with Verve's Accent Notes stamp set. I stamped the sentiment on a separate scrap of pink paper and punched it out with a circle punch to make the image dimensional.

I used a pair of papers from SU!’s retired Raspberry Tart designer paper pack for the cardfront. The floral pattern reminded me of the panel displayed on the back wall of the inspiration photo, so this paper immediately came to mind when I went to design this card. I added a big rose bow beneath the medallion. Maybe if I make the bow a little smaller, I’ll be happier with how this turned out . . .

Materials Used:
Accent Notes stamp set (Verve Stamps); Rose Red Classic ink, Rose Red and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Raspberry Tart designer series paper, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful. Lovely colours and dimensions. Off to pull out my Verve stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Lori. I think we are our own worst critic. Your design is lovely and your elements breathtaking!

    I feel the same way about every card I make! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that DP! It was one of my favorites. I love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it grew on me pretty quick. I love that color combo, it is one of my favorites. Great Job on the card is what I see.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips