Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Naked" Flopsy

I have a nice collection of Flopsy images from My Favorite Things, so when I saw that this week’s MFT challenge was to use a “naked” (uncolored) Flopsy image, I had to play along. My fascination with rabbits started at an early age and I assembled a pretty good collection of stuffed animal bunnies. I still have some of them today, including one that was named Flopsy. They’re all hidden away, though, because Cosmo the crazy dog had an unhealthy obsession with anything stuffed. He believed that any stuffed animal in the house belonged to him and would claim them as his own, usually by ripping out the fiberfill insides, then carrying them around to keep himself company. Fiberfill and dogs are not the best mix, as I learned when he had costly surgery for a blockage in his stomach. So, all things stuffed went to a closet or high on a shelf and I started giving him un-stuffed soft toys to carry. The things I did for that crazy dog . . .

Anyway, here’s my naked Flopsy. I used Valentine Flopsy, stamped on a piece of white cardstock and cut out. The heart is paper pieced with a scrap of Rich Razzleberry cardstock. I embossed a dot pattern on the heart to add some interest before attaching it to the image. The embossed dots were rubbed with some shimmery white ink for a little bit of sparkle, too.

I went with a mostly monochromatic color scheme to really set off the white rabbit. I covered most of the cardfront with a piece of heart patterned paper, then layered the rabbit image on a piece of lavender cardstock. I tied a coordinating dotted lavender ribbon around the card, then attached the bunny image on an angle. The sentiment is stamped on the same lavender cardstock and accented with a white heart shaped brad.

Materials Used:
Valentine Flopsy stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Rich Razzleberry cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lavender Moon cardstock, Lavender Moon Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); designer paper (K & Company); 1 ¼” and 1 3/8”circle punches (EK Success); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); heart brad (Making Memories); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. how adorable!! I love the polka dot heart flopsey is holding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Sweet Lori! Flopsey looks great! Good Luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips