Sunday, February 28, 2010

Country Flowers

Just a quick post, since I'm writing this Saturday night and not feeling so great. I think I'm fighting a cold, so I want to get as much sleep as possible this weekend . . . Anyway, here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve inspiration/sketch challenge. I took inspiration from a vintage set of kitchen decor pieces--not my typical style, but I liked the warm color combination.

I used images from Verve's Floral Symphony stamp set for the focal image. The tulips are a bright, vivid red--a hopeful sign of spring--and outlined in black. The stems are stamped in Kiwi Kiss. I matted the cream panel on a red one, then added a coordinating ribbon tab and button to the left side.

When I saw the inspiration piece, I immediately thought of October Afternoon's Farm Fresh collection. If I'd used some food/fruit themed stamps, I would have definitely used the fruit and veggie patterned paper, but since I didn't, I went with gingham and polka dots. The gingham pieces are distressed along the edges and stitched to the kraft panels for a nod to the vintage style of the inspiration piece.

Materials Used:
Floral Symphony stamp set (Verve Stamps); Real Red and Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); designer paper (October Afternoon-Farm Fresh line); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Pure Poppy button, twine (Papertrey Ink); distressing tool; foam tape; sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card Lori. Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips