Monday, February 15, 2010

No Thanks

Yes, that's what I found when I went looking through my card stash--or more accurately, what I didn't find. I have lots and lots of cards lying around, but very few thank you cards. So, I'm going to make an effort to make more thank you cards, starting with this one for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. The challenge theme was "think spring" and I am more than ready for that!.

I used a die cut butterfly, made using my Slice, as the focal image. I cut the butterfly from some new glittered SEI patterned paper (coming soon to i {heart} papers) and from a piece of acetate. The acetate is embossed with a dotted pattern to add interest, then layered over the striped cardstock butterfly. A trio of pearls along the center hides the glue dot I used to adhere the acetate.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I punched a fancy scalloped eyelet border along the edge of a pale pink panel. A strip of rose grosgrain ribbon is wrapped around the panel. The butterfly is set on a celery circle. I stamped one of the thank you sentiments from Verve's Thankful Accents in teal ink on the aqua card base to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Thankful Accents stamp set (Verve Stamps); Taken with Teal Classic ink, Pink Pirouette cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Just Chillin' Slice cartridge (Making Memories); designer paper (SEI-Happy Day/Streamers); circle die (Nestabilities); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Pinking Scallop border punch (Martha Stewart); self-adhesive pearls (Queen & Co.); acetate

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips