Tuesday, February 16, 2010

i {heart} papers DT Challenge

It's time for this month's i {heart} papers design team challenge. This month's challenge is a supply challenge. All of the DT members are working with the same designer paper to create a project to share with you.

The Best Creation Green Day Stripes designer paper is two-sided, featuring a sparkly St. Patrick's Day design on one side and a mod, bold green pattern on the other. I went seasonal and created a St. Patrick's Day card using my paper.

I wanted to show off the super sparkly elements and fun pattern on the paper, so I kept my card's design pretty simple. For the focal image, I fashioned a 4 leaf clover out of 4 punched hearts and layered the clover on a pair of circle mats (cut with my Nestabilities) using foam tape. The hearts are joined at the center with a glue dot and embellished with a Zva Creative crystal at the center.

I found the perfect sentiment to go with my 4 leaf clover in Unity's August Stampin' Store Kit, {100% Happy}. I stamped "lucky" in green ink on a pale green panel and wrapped some pretty green satin edged ribbon around the edge. The stamped panel runs across the card base with the clover panel attached to its right edge.

Be sure to stop by the rest of the DT member blogs to see what they've done with this fun paper. Here's where you'll find them:

Carolyn
Cathleen
Deb
Gretchen
Kate
Kendra
Lori--you're here!
Lynn
Megan
Tracy

And, be sure to stop by the store, too. New goodies are arriving on a daily basis and you don't want to miss out on the latest and greatest!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome Lori...love your fun design and your sentiment....perfect! Be safe going into work today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The perfect sentiment really stands out on the paler green paper, which is a great match for those glittery stripes! So fun! {{hugs}}!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Great shamrock with the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Love your fun shamrock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK! I love this & how you used the Unity stamp for the sentiment! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! That shamrock is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is genius!! I love the shamrock made from four hearts- never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips